How Safe is New Orleans Indoor Air Quality?
With all the partisan bickering concerning global warming and outdoor pollution going on today, the issue of Indoor Air Quality is not getting the attention that it deserves. For example, the air quality alerts in this city continue to spike in frequency. The Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality has warned that people with a sensitivity to respiratory irritants (the elderly, asthmatics, and those with COPD or other respiratory diseases) should avoid prolonged outdoor exposure when the outdoor air quality falls into a dangerous range. What if I told you that retreating indoors is simply going from the skillet to the oven?
The United States Environmental Protection Agency considers indoor air pollution to be a top five issue on its list of the most dangerous environmental problems. Most HVAC filtration systems fail to keep dangerous outdoor pollutants from contaminating your home. Studies have shown that outdoor air quality factors heavily into indoor air quality. On top of that, indoor air quality has been shown to be up to 100 times more toxic than extremely polluted outdoor air. Why? Indoor air quality issues are compounded by the prevalence of dangerous pathogens like staph, strep, e coli and certain types of flu. Not only pathogens, but mold and dander also contribute to less than optimal indoor air quality.
Winter is coming! But in all seriousness, thanks to the holidays, this time of year finds us spending more time gathered together indoors. That means that more pathogens are coming into your home than ever before. That means you or your guests will take home more than leftovers after Thanksgiving. The gift exchange at Christmas will most likely include more than just the gifts under the tree if you get my drift. Being sick isn’t exactly conducive to being very festive. What about the unpleasantries of allergies? All that mold and dander and the sneezing symphony that follows are a big problem when hosting guests. I don’t think Kleenex disserves to be abused like that.
Respiratory irritants aren’t the only culprits that contribute to unacceptable indoor air quality. Olfactory offenders like lingering cooking odors and the many wonderfully foul odors that pet owners know all too well, weigh significantly on indoor air quality in an adverse manner. Fun fact, scrumptious Thanksgiving and Christmas meals don’t smell so delectable the next day. Just because you love your pets to life, doesn’t mean you want to be smacked in the nose by their funk. With all of this in mind, I bet you’re wondering, “How can I most adequately address my subpar indoor air quality before I either cut my nose off to escape the many pervasive stenches that are hounding me or I suffocate from irritated and swollen bronchial tube linings?”
2 solutions stand head and shoulders above the rest. Other products can’t touch the REME Halo®, made by RGF Environmental, nor the Air Scrubber Plus®. The competitors commit cardinal sins by either skimping on technology, function, and/or availability. For example, most products function based on passive air technologies, meaning that only pollutants that happen to pass through the unit are filtered out. Indoor air quality is far too serious of a concern to be handled in haphazard or inadequate fashion. You need solutions trusted by the E.P.A., the U.S.D.A., NASA and the United States military.
What is it & How does it work?
- It’s an in-duct air purifier based on RGF’s patent-pending Reflective Electro Magnetic Energy technology
- Once installed into the supply plenum of your existing a/c or heating system air ducts, the REME Halo produces Hydro-Peroxide (part of the earth’s natural atmospheric cleaning process) plasma that is distributed through the air handler, through the duct system, and into your conditioned living space
- The charged plasma forces particles to stick together and that makes them easier for your filter to catch and pass through the germicidal UV light
- Dual ionizers double the capacity to reduce indoor allergens such as dust dander, pollen, and mold spores
- Kills up to 99% of bacteria mold and viruses (zinc ions kill 99% of surface viruses)
- Silent operation, a seamless integration into your existing HVAC system, and two quick release features for no tool cell replacement
|Recommended Cell Replacement||18,000 – 25,000|
|Replacement Cell Part #||PHIC-RH|
|Power Supply||110 VAC 60 Hz|
|Tonnage||2.5 – 16.25|
|CFM’s||1000 – 6500|
|Dimensions||7.4 in / 188 mm x|
|Ship Weight||6 lbs.|
|Warranty||5 years ballast / 2 years cell (U.S. Only)|
|Hydro-Peroxides||< .02 PPM|
Air Scrubber Plus®:
What is it & How it work?
- An in-duct air purifier harnessing active pure technology™ by Air Scrubber Plus
- The unit is installed by cutting a 4” square cut into your existing duct work and then it’s mounted directly above your HVAC’s air handler
- The honeycomb surface coated with a titanium oxide & a proprietary blend of reactive metals creates a catalytic reaction that generates charged groupings of hydrogen and oxygen this process coupled with germicidal UV waves to mimic the earth’s natural atmospheric cleaning process
- Reduces 90% of all pathogens in the air within 30 minutes (50x more than a typical HVAC system)
- Kills up to 99% of bacteria, mold, and viruses
- A concealed, quick, and simple installation process for an HVAC professional
|Model #||AirScrubber Plus 9960009|
|Electrical||18 – 32 VAC / 50 – 60 Hz|
|Mechanical||Distribution via air handler|
|Dimensions||8.5” x 8.5” x 11|
|Weight||110 VAC 60 Hz|
|Max Temp||24 VAC|
Keep New Orleans’s outdoor air quality problems out of your home. Achieve a 99% inactivation of dangerous and inconvenient pathogens such as Norovirus, E. coli, Salmonella, Staph, and Strep. Kiss mold, dander, and Stachybotrys fungus goodbye. By purchasing a REME Halo® or an Air Scrubber Plus®, you will eliminate unnecessary illnesses, respiratory irritants, and offensive odors from your home with 99% efficacy. Your lungs and nose will thank you soon. Surprise your holiday guests with clean hospital quality air to ensure only memories are left behind when all your guests go home. Call Trinity Home Services now to provide you with options from an authorized dealer for both the REME Halo® and the Air Scrubber.